Friday 21 July 2017

My 1st CWP Experience

I approached CWP because of a weight emergency. 


Christmas 2015 - I was on top of the world. There I was, celebrating that I'd not only been engaged for a year but that my wedding was in 6 weeks time! I ate, drank and was generally quite merry for the whole of the Festive Season. The wedding was completely organised, it was just a matter of counting down the days until I got to say "I do" to Dan. It was going to be perfect.


January 2016 - My mum casually drops into conversation that she'd like to see me in my dress again, she says to make sure she knows how to do it up on the morning...I fob her off saying its a zip, it will be fine! However a few days later, I'm putting on my leggings for a day of shopping when I notice they seem a bit more snug than they usually are. I race round to Mum's in a now urgent panic to try my dress on and to my absolute dismay....it doesn't fit. I had splurged to the absolute excess over Christmas and now my perfect day was hanging in the balance. I suspect Mum's casual suggestion was because she was worried too. 

I panicked. Oh my gosh how I panicked. What was I going to do?? I didn't have time to get the dress altered and seriously doubted that I could just not eat for the whole 5 weeks. So I did something I considered drastic, I didn't care that it would harm my body but I decided my only option was the Cambridge Weight Plan. I looked up my local consultant, booked an appointment and kicked myself for being so greedy.

Maggie, my consultant, met me at her front door with such a warm greeting that I liked her instantly. She put me at ease as she explained the plan to me and how it was going to fit in to my life. I started on plan 1a which is just CWP products and headed out the door with determination. 

In the 5 weeks I couldn't believe how happy I was, I lost over a stone, felt like I had more energy, had clear skin and thankfully, my dress fit...even better than it did at my first fitting! I felt so much healthier doing CWP than I had done ever before. I was totally wrong in thinking that it was harmful, in fact it had done the opposite! 

I had a fabulous wedding and honeymoon. I carried on with the plan when I came back but but not long after, we found out we were pregnant and my CWP journey had to come to a temporary end.

So, fast forward to today, its a whole year later and with a newborn in tow....lets see how I get on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 14

Hi everyone,  Just a quick update from me today (sorry for the lack of post last week...I've just started a new job so had to cancel m...